autoconfigurable package: how to build two configurations?

Hello,

Are there any examples of a package that builds two binary packages,
each from a distinct run of "configure"?

My specific case is soqt, which provides a Qt interface to Coin
(OpenInventor).  There is a sentiment [1] that I provide packages for
Qt3 as well as packages for Qt4.  I believe that I need to run
the autoconf-generated configure script twice and build each
configuration in its own build directory.

I'd like to see a package that does this already.
Preferably, one that uses cdbs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Steve