Re: RFS: php-apc -- APC module for php

Hello Deepak,

On 23/09/2007, Deepak Tripathi <apenguinlinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi i have discussed with upstream author regarding license issue.
> please check the below mail what he wrote.
>
> __Start_
>
> it is not license 3.0 it is 3.01 .
>
> it is here:  http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt
>
> Point 6 says:
>
>   6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
>      acknowledgment:
>      "This product includes PHP software, freely available from
>      <http://www.php.net/software/>".
>

> __End__
>
> Kind to see mentors valuable input.

The PHP license (no matter what version it is) is not very suitable
for anything else but the PHP package itself.
Trying to upload a package which is released under the PHP license is
very likely to get rejected.
Upstream should release its software under a license which is suitable
for him and for his work.