Re: RFS: vidalia

Hi Vern,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 12:17:21AM +0800, Vern Sun wrote:
> Dear mentors,

I'm not a DD and can't sponsor uploads.  However I looked at your
package and have a comment.

> * Package name    : vidalia
>   Version         : 0.0.14-1
>   Upstream Author : Matt Edman <edmanm@vidalia-project.net>
>                     Justin Hipple <hipplej@vidalia-project.net>
> * URL             : http://vidalia-project.net/
> * License         : GPLv2

The upstream authors did a very good job documenting all the different
licenses used by different pieces of code.  However you just put "GPL v2
or later" in your debian/copyright without reviewing it.

Checking for copyright and licensing information of a package is a very
important step of packaging.  Please read the mail and links in [1] and
fix your debian/copyright.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

>   Section         : x11

Ming