Re: RFS: php-mdb2 (2nd attempt)

On 16/09/2007, Gregory Colpart <reg@evolix.fr> wrote:
> Hello,

[...]
>   - there is a strange condition in license text:
> ---8<---
> // | Neither the name of Manuel Lemos, Tomas V.V.Cox, Stig. S. Bakken,    |
> // | Lukas Smith nor the names of his contributors may be used to endorse |
> // | or promote products derived from this software without specific prior|
> // | written permission.                                                  |
> ---8<---
>     Verify with debian-legal if this is okay for Debian main.

That doesn't require a discussion at debian-legal. That statement is
perfectly ok.
If you take a look at different packages in Debian you will find some
that include similar statements.

E.g.
---
  3. The name "PHP" must not be used to endorse or promote products
     derived from this software without prior written permission. For
     written permission, please contact group@php.net.
---
Or in its generic form:

---
	* 3. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition