Re: RFS: php-text-password

Gregory Colpart <reg@evolix.fr> writes:

> debian/control:
> * set a (versionned) depend on php-pear instead of php5
> * change short description to "PHP PEAR module for creating passwords"
> * improve long description with real manual:
>   http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.text.text-password.php
> * add Homepage field

Will do.

> debian/copyright:
> * ask to upstream to switch license to PHP License 3.01, or
>  better, to (BSD|LGPL|...) license

I wasn't aware till earlier tonight that 3.01 was acceptable.  I'll try
to get upstream to do that (they haven't responded to my other queries, yet).

> The last release dates from 2005 august. Are you sure this
> package is maintained by upstream? Have you technical skills to
> patch PHP source code if needed?

I do have the skills.

I'm packaging these to prepare for the release of a soon-to-be GPLed
application, so I have the motivation to maintain them.

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
    -- Albert Einstein, The World As I See it