Re: RFS: php-numbers-roman

Hello,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:19:20PM +0200, Yann Rouillard wrote:

> After Raphael's advice, I searched a bit and according to:
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
> A pear package with php license would be rejected.
>
> There are already some pear packages with php licence in Debian but it
> seems they were uploaded before the php licence problem was raised.
> Have you recently uploaded new package with php licence ?

Version 3.01 of PHP licence is for PHP software and not only for
PHP itself. IIRC this version is more or less acceptable for Debian.
But you should even so encourage upstream author to switch to a
better licence like BSD or GPL.

---8<---
$ diff 3_0.txt 3_01.txt
2c2
<                   The PHP License, version 3.0
---
>                   The PHP License, version 3.01
41,42c41,42
<      "This product includes PHP, freely available from
<      <http://www.php.net/>".
---
>      "This product includes PHP software, freely available from
>      <http://www.php.net/software/>".
67c67
< This product includes the Zend Engine, freely available at
---
> PHP includes the Zend Engine, freely available at
---8<---

Regards,
--
Gregory Colpart <reg@evolix.fr>  GnuPG:1024D/C1027A0E