Re: RFS: php-numbers-roman

Le dimanche 16 septembre 2007 à 16:26 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :
> On Sunday 16 September 2007 01:56, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > I think you should talk to upstream and get them to use some other
> > license like LGPL or BSD.
> >
> > The ftp-master's take a particularly hard line on this license and it
> > may require justifying later on if they decide to get picky.
>
> I've uploaded quite some packages with a PHP-licence or that have components
> licenced under the PHP licence, but have not encountered any trouble with
> that to date.

After Raphael's advice, I searched a bit and according to:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
A pear package with php license would be rejected.

There are already some pear packages with php licence in Debian but it
seems they were uploaded before the php licence problem was raised.
Have you recently uploaded new package with php licence ?

> I really recommend asking upstream to change licences, because the PHP licence
> is admittedly a bit strange or awkward, and there's enough standard, widely
> known licences that accomplish the same goals.

I will do that anyway but if it is mandatory to be able to upload the
package, I think I will have to be patient since I have 9 other pear
packages with php licence to upload before I can upload centreon.

Yann