Re: RFS: php-numbers-roman

On Sunday 16 September 2007 01:56, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> I think you should talk to upstream and get them to use some other
> license like LGPL or BSD.
>
> The ftp-master's take a particularly hard line on this license and it
> may require justifying later on if they decide to get picky.

I've uploaded quite some packages with a PHP-licence or that have components
licenced under the PHP licence, but have not encountered any trouble with
that to date.

I really recommend asking upstream to change licences, because the PHP licence
is admittedly a bit strange or awkward, and there's enough standard, widely
known licences that accomplish the same goals.

Most problematic is probably point 6, which requires you to state that this
project "includes PHP". Awkward, but not quite non-free. If upstream do not
want to change licences, I recommend you just go ahead and upload it. I've
not seen any so called "hard line" on this in recent times.

Thijs