Re: RFS: pyxplot

> > * the package looks good, it is lintian/linda clean and builds in cowbuilder
> > * Why not to join the PAPT team and let it maintain as part of it?
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam
>
> Sounds nice, but I want to keep using git rather than subversion. :(

Right. I think it should be possible. There is http://git.debian.org/
, so I don't see a reason why you couldn't use git. Piotr?

> > * the version should be 0.6.3.1.dfsg-1 instead of 0.6.3.1+ds-1
>
> Well, I'm not repackaging the tarball to make it DFSG-free; merely to
> remove the un-needed copy of PyX that upstream ships (to make it easier
> for end users to install PyXPlot). I chose 'ds' to stand for 'Debian
> Source' as I've seen other packages do it.

You are right, sorry about that.

> > * just curious - why is the python-scipy build dependency needed?
>
> PyXPlot is run during build time to generate the graphs that end up in
> the documentation and examples.

I see. Maybe - wouldn't it be better to create a package pyxplot-doc?
Since the main program is pretty small, so that people don't have to
install the whole 1MB package if they just need to use pyxplot.

Ondrej