Re: RFS: pyxplot

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 19:08 +0200, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyxplot/pyxplot_0.6.3.1-2.dsc
>
> This link doesn't work, but this does:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyxplot/pyxplot_0.6.3.1+ds-1.dsc

Oh, sorry... this is because I re-used my last message about pyxplot as
a template. ;)

> I am not a DD, so I cannot sponsor, but just some remarks (but a
> sponsor can have a different demands):
>
> * the package looks good, it is lintian/linda clean and builds in cowbuilder
> * Why not to join the PAPT team and let it maintain as part of it?
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam

Sounds nice, but I want to keep using git rather than subversion. :(

> * I think you need to state in debian/copyright how exactly you
> obtained the orig.tar.gz, the way I do it, is that I create
> "get-orig-tarball" rule in debian/rules and this will download the
> upstream tarball, unpack it, delete non-free stuff, and pack it again,
> see for example the "abinit" package in unstable

Good idea, I will note this in the copyright file.

> * the version should be 0.6.3.1.dfsg-1 instead of 0.6.3.1+ds-1

Well, I'm not repackaging the tarball to make it DFSG-free; merely to
remove the un-needed copy of PyX that upstream ships (to make it easier
for end users to install PyXPlot). I chose 'ds' to stand for 'Debian
Source' as I've seen other packages do it.

> * just curious - why is the python-scipy build dependency needed?

PyXPlot is run during build time to generate the graphs that end up in
the documentation and examples.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078