Re: Are soname bumps required when library upgrades break compatibility?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 06:27:11PM -0700, Brandon wrote:

> Thanks for your explanations guys. I get it now. A crash is serious,
> whether or not the reason is documented in policy. If the crash is the
> fault of the library, the library gets the RC bug.
The statement was that a crash due to changes in a dependency is a
severity:serious bug in that dependency.  A crash is always a bug, but
many are just severity:normal for non-core functionality or important
for things that don't totally inhibit the package's utility.

Justin