Re: RFS: libj2ssh-java

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 07:14:16AM -0700, tony mancill wrote:
> Can you provide any generic guidelines on how large the docs should be to
> warrant a separate -doc package?  This comes up from time to time
> sponsoring, and for new packages I've seen packages rejected because the
> - -doc package was too small.

Afaik there is no generic guideline. I looked at the files in the binary
deb and counted there size together in mind. I came to several hundread
kilobytes for the docs (and also for the jars). This led me to the
conclusion that this warrents a split. I also had the following from the
FTP Master Reject FAQ in mind:

 "You split a package too much or in a broken way. Well, broken or too
 much is a wide definition, so this is a case-by-case thing, but you
 should really think about a split before you do it. For example it
 doesn't make any sense to split a 50k arch:all package from a 250k
 arch:any one. Or splitting a package for only one file, depending on the
 main package. Yes, big dependency chains can be a reason. Or big
 documentation splitted into one -doc package. The point there is big."

Call it a stomach feeling.

Cheers,
Michael