Proposed copyright format

Dear mentors,

there has been some discussion going some time ago on about making the
copyright file machine-interpretable. I really like the idea and read
the proposal [1]. The new format looks clearer to me and I wonder
whether it's reasonable to already use it.

There don't seem to be any tools using it right now, and it's not
policy. On the other hand, I really don't see any reason not to use it,
knowing that some adjustments have to be made if the format changes.
What are your thoughts on that? Is anyone using the new format already?

Thanks in advance,
Manuel

Footnote:
 1. http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat