Re: lintian warning: menu-item-creates-new-section Applications/Tools

Am Mittwoch, den 05.09.2007, 18:05 +0200 schrieb schoenfeld /
in-medias-res:

> I am trying to add a menu item for my package password-gorilla. And
> because the best place is in Applications\Tools i do wanna place it there:
>
> ?package(password-gorilla):needs="X11" section="Applications/Tools"\
>   title="password-gorilla" command="/usr/bin/password-gorilla"
>
> Now i get the lintian error:
> W: password-gorilla: menu-item-creates-new-section Applications/Tools
> /usr/share/menu/password-gorilla:2
[snip]
> Why? If I change Applications to be read Apps (which would conform the
> menu policy!), then it additional complains that Apps has been renamed
> to Applications. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I see that
> a lots of other packages do it exactly, like I do.

The menu sections have been changed. There is no Tools sub-section
anymore. See file:///usr/share/doc/menu/html/ch3.html#s3.5. Maybe your
program fits "Data Management".

Regards, Daniel