Re: RFS: normalize-audio (updated package)

Hi Kevin,

>>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.7-2
>>> of my package "normalize-audio".

>> I haven't checked this in detail but a quick look shows additional
>> build-dependencies:
>> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), dpatch, autotools-dev,
>> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, mpg321, vorbis-tools, flac
>>
>> as compared with:
>> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), autotools-dev,
>> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, vorbis-tools
>
> I think you do need dpatch though ...

Did you confuse both stanzas? Kapil listed them in reverse order: I
*added* the dpatch dependency.

> Separately, in the control file, is it still necessary to keep:
>
>     Replaces: normalize
>     Conflicts: normalize
>
> since normalize was removed from unstable back in Jan. 2005? I guess
> it is possible that a system was built back in 2004, or off of an
> old install disk, and that that system had normalize installed and
> is still using it. Just wondering how long it makes sense to keep
> Conflicts/Replaces statements for packages no longer in the
> archives....

Good point. Since they are not a large burden, it prefer to keep them
for now -- unless someone has a good point to drop them. Is there a
general consensus? I couldn't find anything in the docs.

Regards,
   Joachim