Re: RFS: normalize-audio (updated package)

Hi,

>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.7-2
>> of my package "normalize-audio".
>
> I haven't checked this in detail but a quick look shows additional
> build-dependencies:
> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), dpatch, autotools-dev,
> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, mpg321, vorbis-tools, flac
>
> as compared with:
> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), autotools-dev,
> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, vorbis-tools
>
> As far as I could see the build does not depend on mpg321,
> vorbis-tools or flac as no audio files are being converted during the
> build.

the reason for the Build-Depends is the configure script. If these
packages are not present at build time, the configure script does not
generate the default settings needed to call these tools. You can still
supply the necessary command line arguments for the enconder/decoder on
the command line, but it is quite convenient to have working defaults.

Joachim