Re: RFS: xpn

Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 14:50 +0200 schrieb Norbert Preining:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007, Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
> > > * xpn appears to be the first package you release, therefore it must not
> > >  have a debian revision higher then -1. This has an affect on
> > >  debian/changelog which should only contain one version.
> >
> > I don't remember that there was a consensus about whether unreleased versions
> > should be kept in the changelog (link appreciated if someone knows better).
> > This will depend on the sponsor's preference, and thus I wouldn't consider it
> > a "major problem" (but IANADD either).
>
> I guess it shouldn't be a problem to "start" real Debian life with a
> revision higher than -1, but you have to take care that the .changes
> file contains a reference to the .orig.tar.gz so that it is uploaded,
> otherwise it will be missing.
>
> But I never tried it.

I used to do this for several packages I provided via my personal page
before they were added to the Debian distribution. We (my sponsor and
me) never had problems with this. In the OPs case, I would suggest to
use the

- -v option for a .changes file over -1 to -3|uploaded revision
- -sa option for including the .orig.tar.gz

as documented in dpkg-buildpackage(1).

@Michael: Tell your sponsor, when you used these options! Most sponsors
rebuild the package and the -v and -sa options are not used by default.

Regards, Daniel