Re: RFS: xpn

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007, Jan C. Nordholz wrote:
> > * xpn appears to be the first package you release, therefore it must not
> >  have a debian revision higher then -1. This has an affect on
> >  debian/changelog which should only contain one version.
>
> I don't remember that there was a consensus about whether unreleased versions
> should be kept in the changelog (link appreciated if someone knows better).
> This will depend on the sponsor's preference, and thus I wouldn't consider it
> a "major problem" (but IANADD either).

I guess it shouldn't be a problem to "start" real Debian life with a
revision higher than -1, but you have to take care that the .changes
file contains a reference to the .orig.tar.gz so that it is uploaded,
otherwise it will be missing.

But I never tried it.

Best wishes

Norbert

HAGNABY (n.)
Someone who looked a lot more attractive in the disco than they do in
your bed the next morning.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff