Re: RFS: anubis

2007/8/27, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:54:02 +0200
> "Krzysztof Burghardt" <krzysztof@burghardt.pl> wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "anubis".
> > anubis     - an SMTP message submission daemon
> Please include the long description to give sponsors some idea of why
> yet another another SMTP package is required.

GNU Anubis is an intermediate layer between a mail user agent (MUA)
and a mail transport agent (MTA), receiving  messages from the MUA,
applying to them a set of predefined changes and finally inserting
modified messages into an MTA routing network. The set of changes
applied to a message is configurable on a system-wide and per-user
basis. The built-in configuration language used for defining sets of
changes allows for considerable flexibility and is easily extensible.

In one sentence: Its a kind of SMTP proxy with ability to process
messages to apply rules defined in internal scripting language.

More can be found on <http://www.gnu.org/software/anubis/manual/>.

--
Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@burghardt.pl>
http://www.burghardt.pl/