Re: [RFS] stunnel -- Universal SSL tunnel for network daemons

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:51:18PM -0500, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2:4.20-1
> of the package "stunnel", which I'm adpoting.

The syntax in the debian/changelog is not correct to close the bugs
automatically. E.g. "(Closes: stunnel4#419842)" is not quite correct.
See http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/footnotes.html#f17

Also consider using debhelper version 5 (debian/compat and
debian/control).

> This is a major update to the package, since I'm transitioning to
> version 4. Eventually I'll upload a new stunnel4, which will be a
> simple dummy upgrade package to pull in stunnel. I think it would be
> convenient if both packages were to be sponsored by the same person.

So now you maintain an "stunnel" version 4 while there is an "stunnel4"
package. I don't understand the reasons yet.

Cheers
 Christopn
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.