Re: RFS: plastex

On 7/20/07, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:

> how do you mean by "provide a way to repackage the upstream tarball"?

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-origtargz

I would need some help interpret that.

1. must contain detailed information how the repackaged source was
obtained, and how this can be reproduced in the debian/copyright. It
is also a good idea to provide a get-orig-source target in your
debian/rules file that repeats the process, as described in the Policy
Manual, Main building script: debian/rules.

should the .orig.tar.gz include a file for that? and ehat should it
be called and how should it look like?

2. should not contain any file that does not come from the upstream
author(s), or whose contents has been changed by you.
so I should/must use dpatch for the shebang fix?

4. should use <packagename>-<upstream-version>.orig as the name of the
top-level directory in its tarball. This makes it possible to
distinguish pristine tarballs from repackaged ones.
orig? as it's modified from the upstream, it's not in my vocabulary "original".

/Carl