Re: Change in my sponsorship requirements

Bart Martens wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 12:02 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:23:48 +0200
Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 10:33 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
I think it is easier for everyone if every change
during sponsorship gets a new Debian version, so if you need me to
sponsor packages, each upload to mentors.debian.net must use a new
Debian version.
That makes debian/changelog written by newbie packagers needlessly
long.
Why is the length of the changelog of concern?

Readability and relevance for the uploaded package.

If the same items are detailed overall, it is only three extra lines
per change - one for the version line, one blank, one timestamp.

Something like this ?

packagename (0.1.0-8) unstable; urgency=low

  * Updated debian/watch to recognize both ".tar.gz" and ".tar.bz2",
    now revealing the real latest upstream release.

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 12 May 2007 23:52:26 +0200

packagename (0.1.0-7) unstable; urgency=low

  * Updated debian/watch to replace any "-(rc\d+)$" by "~$1".

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 12 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

packagename (0.1.0-6) unstable; urgency=low

  * Updated debian/watch to replace "-rc4" by "~rc4".

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 11 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

packagename (0.1.0-5) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fixed debian/watch again.  Now tested with "uscan --report-status".

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 10 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

packagename (0.1.0-4) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fixed debian/watch.

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 08 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

packagename (0.1.0-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * Added debian/watch.

 -- John Doe <johndoe@debian.org>  Sun, 06 May 2007 21:52:26 +0200

It's not a huge problem, but it's not so nice to have all beginners
mistakes logged forever for the whole world to see.
I do agree with the Bart, that whatever mistakes people does when they are beginners , i think no need to see for biginners .

PS:- Though i am not DD .  above mentions view is my personal .
Regards,

Bart Martens

Thanks
Deepak Tripathi