Dear mentors and game maintainers,
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "steam-powered".
* Package name : steam-powered
Version : 0.8.0
Upstream Author : Michael Gilbert
* URL : no web site
* License : gpl for steam-powered script, non-free for
downloaded game and game data
Section : games
It builds these binary packages:
steam-powered - Valve's steam game content delivery system
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/steam-powered
- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/steam-powered/steam-powered_0.8.0.dsc
I am hoping get more involved in packaging popular games for Debian.
I understand that these popular games are mostly under non-free
licenses, and there tends to be a lot of resistance to non-free in the
Debian community. However, gamers are a very important niche segment,
and they are very hard to please. But I think we can start making
inroads by providing packages for the games they like and thus making
it easier for them to switch. If gamers were to start adopting
GNU/Linux, it would be like a waterfall because there are so many of
them, and they have a huge influence on the tech-savvy and
I am also currently working on packages specifically for the steam
games themselves such as counter-strike and half-life2, and will
upload these if there is interest in sponsoring steam-powered.
Thank you very much for your consideration.