Re: RFS: pastebinit

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pastebinit".

I've taken a look.

>  pastebinit is a command-line tool to send data
>  to a "pastebin".
>  .
>  It can receive data from a pipe or from a file
>  passed as argument.
>  .
>  It actually supports these pastebins:
>   - http://paste.stgraber.org
>   - http://1t2.us
>   - http://pastebin.com
>   - http://pastebin.ca

This does not say what a pastebin actually is. Please explain that briefly in
the description. I'm also not sure about the use of the word "actually",
maybe you mean "currently"? Or better just leave that word out: "It supports
these pastebins" is just as clear.

As to the package, it looks good in general but I'm a bit concerned about you
taking the orig.tar.gz from Ubuntu and building a package around it. This
means that the upstream author has already made a .deb package, but that you
are re-doing his work for Debian, right?

To me it would make more sense to collaborate with the maker of the Ubuntu
package to make sure the package gets into Debian and can then be imported by
Ubuntu, rather than both maintaining separate instances.

Thijs