Re: RFS: gisomount

* David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> [2007-05-18 16:18:03 +0200]:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gisomount".

Just a note that if you haven't received any sponsoring offers yet you will
be more successful on the debian-python list or in #debian-python IRC channell
as there are a few people there who specifically sponsor python related
packages.

Anyway, here are some notes for you to consider:

* Some icons are CC 2.5 licensed - not good enough for Debian/main. You should
resolve this.

* Read
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/ap-packaging_tools.html#s-pycentral
on how to use python-central for your Debian python packaging. The warnings
that lintian and linda provide are there for a reason.

* Lounchpad lists another side as the source repository, so you might want to
consider using that instead of lounchpad.

* You are making a pure python package and yet you have ${shlibs:Depends},
${misc:Depends}, in you debian/control. Please read the Debian Python policy
again.

* Consider adding "Uploaders: Debian Python Modules Team
<python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>" to your debian/control as it
will make the on-going maintenance of your package easier. See
http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html for more
details.

Regards,

Alex.