Re: RFS: luabind
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 12:08:55PM +0200, Arthur Loiret wrote:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "luabind".
A few comments:
* The only available download in the SF.net project website is
«luabind-0.7.zip», which is different than your orig (no examples
nor documentation, for example). It would be a good idea to explain
how did you get it and why (README.Debian?).
* In debian/rules:55 there is a `find' that you could probably avoid.
Note that dh_fixperms fixes most of the permissions for you already.
The only problem is that it doesn't recognize .hpp header files,
but that should be fixed in the next version of debhelper (see
#404785). In the meantime, you can use a simple chmod. Also, note
that the value should be 644 and not 666 (important!).
* According to the description, it is written towards Lua 5.x, but the
package is compiled against 5.0. So, as far as I know, it will not
work with Lua 5.1. It would be a good idea to update the description
to reflect this issue. It should also be possible to provide packages
for both 5.0 and 5.1, but that would require more changes... Is it
* In the changelog, you should use «Closes:» instead of «Close:».
* Upstream's build system is insane and outdated, but it would be even
better if you provided your changes as a patch (using quilt, for
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
I'm sorry, but I'm not a DD ;)