Re: netcdf again

Warren Turkal wrote:

> I plan on maintaining these packages outside of Debian until Etch. If you
> think it would be useful to upload to experimental, what do I need to change?
> I would assume that the changelog needs to say experimental instead of
> unstable. Is there anything else?

I am pretty certain that the changelog entry is the only thing needed to
ensure that uploads go to a specific distribution (unstable,
experimental, stable-security, etc.).

Uploading to experimental could be useful in two ways: it would help
ensure that the packages can be autobuilt (experimental now is autobuilt
for several arches), and it would make the packages a canonical part of
Debian for any people who are adventurous enough to try a new RC release
of netcdf.

As an added bonus, it would also get the packages into the NEW queue
now, so that by the time you're ready for them to be in unstable, there
will hopefully be no wait time :-)

best regards,