Re: netcdf again
On Friday 02 February 2007 11:01, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> I do want to caution that because of the upcoming release, it may be
> best not to upload them to Debian right now. If they make it into Sid,
> because of the soversion change it will become impossible for any more
> netcdf packages (or any packages that are newly rebuilt that depend on
> netcdf) to propagate into Etch except via testing-proposed-updates.
> So I'd recommend either targeting experimental with these packages, or
> else holding off on the upload until the Etch release.
I plan on maintaining these packages outside of Debian until Etch. If you
think it would be useful to upload to experimental, what do I need to change?
I would assume that the changelog needs to say experimental instead of
unstable. Is there anything else?
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science