Re: RFS: anaconda (updated: 11.1.0.50-2)

On (13/09/06 00:26), Ryan Finnie wrote:
> The python packages have been unified.  Below is a full copy of the
> updated request, since package names have changed.  Thank you.
>
> Ryan Finnie
>
> ---
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "anaconda".
>
> * Package name    : anaconda

I cannot sponsor the package for you as I am not a DD, but I have a few
comments nonetheless.

  * As your first version of the package didn't make it in to the
    archive you don't need to add the versioned provides/conflicts for
    the python packages. You can also drop the -2 version if you want,
    though it is not necessary.
  * Your debian/copyright needs more work, see
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
  * debian/dirs is redundant here.
  * Consider using a python framework for managing the byte compilation,
    either python-support or python-central.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256