Re: RFS: dcfldd

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 11:31, James Westby wrote:
> On (26/07/06 11:15), Kenny Duffus wrote:
> > On Wednesday 26 July 2006 10:55, James Westby wrote:
> > >  * debian/rules clean should call make distclean not make clean.
> >
> > this was changed as distclean is not used in the Makefile but clean
> > appears to do the same thing
>
> I did a test where I built your package then ran fakeroot debian/rules
> clean. This left some files (e.g. Makefile around). I then ran make
> distclean and this went away.

ah you are right, i was getting confused by the error:

$ make distclean
make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.

but this was due to the lack of makefile as I was trying it in a clean
version, i have changed it back

> > >  * Specify which version of the GPL your packaging is released under.
> >
> > is the fact it is specified in debian/copyright not enough?
>
> I think it is better to be explicit, you say
>
>   The Debian packaging is (C) 2006, Kenny Duffus <kenny@duffus.org> and
>   is licensed under the GPL, see above.
>
> Is it worth saying
>
>   The Debian packaging is (C) 2006, Kenny Duffus <kenny@duffus.org> and
>   is licensed under the GPL v2, see above.

ah, yes, I had misunderstood what you were meaning, done in new version
uploaded

--

	Kenny