Minix3 OS running inside qemu

Dear mentors,

I have created a Debian package with which it is possible to
conveniently install and run Minix running on QEMU. It might be useful
for those, who want to look at it closer and play with it.

Package name: minix
Version: 3.1.2.3
Upstream author: various people, copyright holder is Vrije Universiteit,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
License: http://www.minix3.org/license.html
         (it applies to the `minix.img.gz' file)

The package is native. The harddisk image was produced from the Minix3
bootable CD version 3.1.2.

Useful properties
- (of course) straightforward installation
  of fully configured Minix3 system
- networking over QEMU is enabled
- Handy `/usr/bin/minix' script
- `minix' script manual page
- integration to the debian menu system (Apps/Programming/Minix)
- the QEMU harddisk image could grow on demand (up to 1GB).
  Initially it occupies 59MB.
- various people using the same computer might run Minix
  in the same way but each could have a different
  harddisk image.

Possible problems:
- the manual page might contain grammatical errors
- since the networking over QEMU is enabled by default,
  the problems might arise when someone tried to
  install this package on a computer with no
  Internet connection. In that case the Minix
  configuration files related to networking
  must be altered manually.

(The debian package itself has 11MB).

Here is the *.deb file:
http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debian/dists/etch/main/binary-i386/devel/minix_3.1.2.4_i386.deb

The `minix' package can be obtained from the repository

  deb http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debian/ testing main
  deb-src http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debian/ testing main

For `stable', there is a available distinct version (because of the
changes of qemu command line parameters)

  deb http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debian/ stable main
  deb-src http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/debian/ stable main

Any suggestions are welcome. If it had sense to add it to the Debian
project, I would gladly try to polish it to an acceptable state.

Kind regards
--
Matej Kosik