What to do when a package fails to build on one arch ?

Dear mentors,

I have two packages which fail to build on m68k. The reason for this is
obviously a bug in a math library.

http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?email=debian-med-packaging%40lists.alioth.debian.org
http://bugs.debian.org/340871

I think that what I will do is open a bug for each package in which I
explain that I will not do anything until 340871 is fixed, and block
them with by 340871.

If I understand correctly, failing to build from source is a
release-critical severity. However, the packages are meant to do some
scientific computations, and I would be really astonished to hear that
somebody would use them on m68k. So if the bug in the math library is
not fixed by the freeze of testing, shall I drop m68k support for those
two packages ? Who shall I consult before doing this?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles