RFS: libmp3-tag-perl -- Module for reading tags of MP3 audio files

Hello.

As my previous sponsor isn't responding to emails, I'm seeking a new
sponsor for libmp3-tag-perl (MP3::Tag, a perl module for reading and
writing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags in mp3 files).

The major changes from a packaging perspective relative to the last
version in debian are the promotion of several example scripts to
/usr/bin, which require special handling:

typeset_audio_dir outputs LaTeX lists and cd covers from directories
of audio files.  To process the output the user needs LaTeX and the
LaTeX class cd-cover.cls.

I got this from:

http://www.tug.org/cgi-bin/dirarchive/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/cd-cover.tgz

and put it in the cd-cover/ directory in the source tree. I built it by
running 'tex cd-cover.ins'. It is not built as part of the debian build process,
just installed with dh_install.

I checked this and the other tex-related stuff with the people on
debian-tetex-maint, and they are happy with my approach. I only
Suggest: the latex stuff so people aren't forced to install it just to
use the library. cd-cover.cls is part of tex-live (but not tetex) so
eventually I could just Suggest: that and not ship the class myself,
but tex-live is not guaranteed to make it in for etch.

Two other scripts promoted to /usr/bin/, mp3info2 and audio_rename,
have optional extra functionality enabled by adding
/usr/share/doc/libmp3-tag-perl/examples/mod/ to PERLLIB.

After discussion with upstream, I've decided to leave this situation
as is, and just document it in README.Debian.

If you rebuild this for upload, please include -v0.97-1 to
dpkg-buildpackage so it picks up the Closes: from earlier changelog
entries.

The package was built with pbuilder and is lintian/linda clean.

Files at:

http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/

Changelog since the last version in Debian:

libmp3-tag-perl (0.9708-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version.
    + allows encoding to be set (Closes: #375239).
  * Added README.Debian to explain manipulating PERLLIB.
  * debian/rules:
    + Exclude .pm/.lst/.comp from dh_compress
    + clean: remove test file xxxtest12.mp3
  * debian/control:
    + Moved debhelper from Build-Depends-Indep: to Build-Depends:.
    + Standards-Version: 3.7.2 (No changes).
  * Added linda override for mp3info2: exec-not-elf-or-script (See #308305).
  * Added debian/dirs containing usr/share/linda/overrides.

 -- Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>  Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:14:57 +0100

libmp3-tag-perl (0.9706-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version.
  * ID3V2.pm: fix pod.
  * typeset_audio_dir: fix output to stdout.
  * Added README.shrink to installed documentation.
  * Clean more files generated by 'make test'.
  * LaTeX support for typeset_audio_dir:
    + Install LaTeX class cd-cover.cls from:
	   http://www.tug.org/cgi-bin/dirarchive/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/cd-cover.tgz
    + debian/control: Suggests: tetex-bin | texlive-latex-base
    + debian/post{inst,rm}: run mktexlsr if installed.
    + debian/copyright: add copyright information for cd-cover.cls

 -- Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>  Wed,  8 Mar 2006 22:24:37 +0000

libmp3-tag-perl (0.9701-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version (Closes: #329579).
  * debian/rules clean: delete test13.mp3

 -- Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:56:30 +0100

Many thanks,

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA