Re: Request-For-Sponsorship (xfardic)

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 11:49 +0300, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
> The history in package indicates that there has been work going on
> before the package was added to Debian. The history documents the
> changes and gives indication of overall activity and competence the
> package was previously handled. A comment "First initial official
> Debian release" will clearly indicate when the package become part of
> the Debian.

Maybe I was not clear enough. I did not mean that a previous changelog
shoud never be included; however, I think one needs to be critical not
to include 'virtual' versions on one's own harddrive that offer no real
information to the user.

I've seen changelogs with the following different versions: (1) initial
packaging, (2) fix a typo in this-and-that, (3) update description for
lintian, (4) initial release. That just doesn't add anything.

It's no disaster of course, but worthwhile to check if including some
'versions' that only you yourself have seen actually makes sense.

Thijs