Homepage-field in description

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 14:25 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 13:09 +0100, Adam James wrote:
> > A minor quibble with your post, the following is from the Debian
> > Developer's Reference [0]:
> >
> > Note the spaces prepending the line, which serves to break the lines
> > correctly. To see an example of how this displays, see
> > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/wml
> >
> > [0]
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info
>
> Hmm indeed, but to be honest I don't understand dit. I can't tell how
> this extra space will aid in the breaking of lines? The only space in
> that line will be right after "Homepage:" and I dare say that no
> interface is going to have less than 10 characters width...
>
> Can someone give an example where this will go wrong?

I haven't seen any reply to this, and from a quick look over 1000
packages are *not* using the space in front of the Homepage field. I've
not seen any problem with those packages till now. I'm filing a bug
against the developer's reference that this section be changed to not
recommend the space in front.

Thijs