HowTo upgrade to a newer Debian Policy version

Hi all,
I've adopted an old package, and in its PTS page I can read "The
package should be updated to follow the last version of Debian Policy
(Standards-Version 3.6.2 instead of 3.5.10)." and so I'd like to
upgrade to the news Debian Polcy version.

I've searched on google, and inside DD Ref and d-policy but I found
nothing about this task (but I could be blind...).

Is this simple as just change "Standards-Version:" inside
debian/control and generate the package to get all the errors (but do
this generates errors/warnings? which script do they come from?) or
there is a precise process to follow to upgrade to new DP version?

Thanks for your attention,
Sandro

--
Sandro Tosi (aka Morpheus, matrixhasu)