Re: MinGW cross compiled library packages for Debian

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:35:03PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> >     3.3) Using precompiled binaries.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea, and would probably get your package
> rejected by the ftpmasters.

I've written tools to produce such a conversion. See:
    https://dev.njh6.de/wiki/index.php/Any2deb
I'll also create Debian packages of it when I find more spare time.

Also, I filtered out all library packages of GnuWin32 and used my tools
to provide an inofficial API repository:
    http://www.profv.de/debian/

Currently, there are "only" the 22 GnuWin32 library-development packages.
(there are 24, but 2 of them simply don't work)
Later, I'll add self-compiled packages, too. Maybe from pristine
sources, maybe from Debian sources using dpkg-cross. We'll see.

I'd be glad if someone could take a look into this repository and into
the Debian packages. Is there anything "unclean"? Any suggestions what
could be improved?

Greets,

    Volker

--