Re: adoption request for "tcsh -- TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkeley csh"

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:32:45AM +0800, Cai, Wen Liang wrote:

> Martin,
> Thanks for your response. No, I'm neither a Debian developer nor having
> a sponsor there. I'll send a request to debian-mentors for help.
>
> Debian folks,
> Would anybody like to be my sponsor? I'm thinking of adopting tcsh
> package from Martin. I have used FOSS for several years. And just want
> to find a way to contribute back to the community.
You'll have much better luck finding a sponsor for an existing
package/update.  I would suggest to prepare a new release of the
package, and then reinquire; perhaps the old maintainer will agree to
sponsor you, too.

Justin
(realizing that this sounds circular)