Re: gaim-snapshot (possible) newbie question

Il giorno ven, 10/03/2006 alle 18.13 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 17:18 +0100, Marco Cabizza wrote:
> > Can anybody review (and hopefully upload) those?
>
> My main concern (apart from the valid hijacking concerns raised) is that
> it's a Debian native package. That's not right; you should use an
> orig.tar.gz from upstream; even if you pull from CVS yourself, you need
> to make a tgz out of that and use that as the orig.tar.gz. The .diff.gz
> will then contain exactly the packaging and other Debian-specific
> changes.
>
> The package also exhibits some other lintian/linda warnings/errors:
> > W: gaim-snapshot source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
> > debian/gaim-snapshot-dev.postinst
> > W: gaim-snapshot source: source-contains-CVS-dir .ssh/CVS
> > E: gaim-snapshot; Uses cdbs and debhelper.mk, but debhelper
> > Build-Depends is too old.
>
> The CVS one may be caused by using "cvs co" instead of "cvs export".
>

> bye,
> Thijs

Thanks for the replies. I just had to learn something. Anyway, about the
"hijacking", well, that's why I said "candidate". I sent Robert an email
and got no reply, I hope I'll get one some day :) (I named it
gaim-snapshot because I didn't want by any means mess with "gaim").

And I don't want it to be uploaded now, I have pretty much 5% experience
in packaging .deb's, I just asked for information for a
*might*be*candidate* package, and I got some, thank you!

Thijs, I am trying to fix the issues now.

Marco