RFS: libopenobex (also includes openobex-apps and ircp)

Hi,

This is about changing maintainership of a new version of libopenobex which is
already in Debian.
libopenobex is a GPL'ed library for the OBEX protocol which supports
Bluetooth, IrDA, TCP and in this new version also USB.
The new control is listed at the bottom of this mail.

I am currently the obexftp maintainer (sponsored by Michael Banck) and would
like to maintain libopenobex, too. However, not being a DD, I need
sponsorship and Edd Dumbill is pretty busy currently. The history is shown at
in the BTS as bug #237386

The new package can be found at:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ubq7/debian/

The source package got renamed (libopenobex1.0 -> libopenobex) as it was once
(in oldstable) and the binary packages got renamed, too (libopenobex-1.0-0 ->
libopenobex1). The naming is thus consistent with the libpkg-guide.

The following packages currently use libopenobex:
affix
kdebluetooth
libaffix2
libmultisync-plugin-irmc
libmultisync-plugin-irmc-bluetooth
obexserver
ussp-push

Once uploaded, I would notify the respective maintainers.

The following packages are directly affected by this source:
libopenobex-1.0-0: renamed to libopenobex1 in the new package
libopenobex-1.0-0-dev: now libopenobex1-dev (both provide libopenobex-dev)
openobex-apps: not shipped seperately anymore, same source as libopenobex
ircp: not shipped seperately anymore, same source as libopenobex
and
obexftp: above repository has obexftp-0.19 that uses the new lib

I also notified the maintainer of ircp but did not get any answer so far.
However, I included any patches of the previously seperated packages. The
patches are handled by quilt (no build-time patching).

I hope that someone can sponsor this new version; getting obexftp-0.19 also
uploaded would be a bonus :)
I also plan on packaging other OBEX related packages, e.g. wnpp bug #238314.

----------------- libopenobex debian/control ------------------------
Source: libopenobex
Section: admin
Maintainer: Hendrik Sattler <debian@hendrik-sattler.de>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.0.0), autotools-dev, libbluetooth1-dev (>=
2.2), libusb-dev (>= 2:0.1.11), pkg-config, docbook-utils
Standards-Version: 3.6.2.0

Package: libopenobex1-dev
Section: libdevel
Conflicts: libopenobex-dev
Provides: libopenobex-dev
Architecture: any
Depends: libopenobex1 (= ${Source-Version}), libbluetooth1-dev (>= 2.2),
libusb-dev (>= 2:0.1.11), pkg-config
 The Object Exchange protocol can best be described as binary HTTP.
 OBEX is optimised for ad-hoc wireless links and can be used to exchange
 all kind of objects like files, pictures, calendar entries (vCal)
 and business cards (vCard).
 .
 OBEX is builtin in devices like PDA's like the Palm Pilot, and mobile
 phones like the Ericsson R320, Siemens S25, Siemens S45, Siemens ME45,
 Nokia NM207 and Nokia 9110 Communicator.
 .
 This package contains the development files.

Package: libopenobex1
Section: libs
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
Architecture: any
 The Object Exchange protocol can best be described as binary HTTP.
 OBEX is optimised for ad-hoc wireless links and can be used to exchange
 all kind of objects like files, pictures, calendar entries (vCal)
 and business cards (vCard).
 .
 OBEX is builtin in devices like PDA's like the Palm Pilot, and mobile
 phones like the Ericsson R320, Siemens S25, Siemens S45, Siemens ME45,
 Nokia NM207 and Nokia 9110 Communicator.

Package: openobex-apps
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 The Object Exchange protocol can best be described as binary HTTP.
 OBEX is optimised for ad-hoc wireless links and can be used to exchange
 all kind of objects like files, pictures, calendar entries (vCal)
 and business cards (vCard).
 .
 OBEX is builtin in devices like PDA's like the Palm Pilot, and mobile
 phones like the Ericsson R320, Siemens S25, Siemens S45, Siemens ME45,
 Nokia NM207 and Nokia 9110 Communicator.
 .
 This package contains some small utilities to control such devices.

Package: ircp
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 ircp transfers files to/from Linux, Windows and PDAs
 via IRDA. It is designed for working e.g. with Quickbeam.
----------------- libopenobex debian/control ------------------------

Hendrik Sattler

PS: on answers, please CC me