Re: Removing former conffiles
Bas Wijnen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The question is, how do I solve this? Should I forcefully remove the conffile
> before calling update-rc.d? It feels really bad to remove files from /etc in
> maintainer scripts, but perhaps it's the right thing to do...
I've come across this several times, and what I did was
- check the md5sum of the installed file
* against the md5sum known to dpkg (not possible if the package was in
* against known md5sums hardcoded into the maintainer script
- if the file is unchanged, remove it
- if it is changed, either keep it and insert a comment at its beginning
that it is unused, or move/rename it. In all cases where the file's
presence could have a bad effect, I renamed or moved it.
Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding @ Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer (teTeX)