Re: [RFS] altermime: utility used to alter mime-encoded mailpacks

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 03:39:43PM +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Thursday 29 December 2005 11:11, Julien Valroff wrote:
> > I'm looking for a sponsor for altermime:
> >  alterMIME is a small program which is used to alter your mime-encoded
> >  mailpacks as typically received by Inflex, Xamime and AMaViS.
> >  alterMIME can:
> >     * Insert disclaimers
> >     * Insert arbitary X-headers
> >     * Modify existing headers
> >     * Remove attachments based on filename or content-type
> >     * Replace attachments based on filename
> >
> > Homepage: http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/
> >
> > The licence terms are quite clear, and it seems clear that the package
> > is DFSG free. If you feel it can be a problem, can someone help to speak
> > with the legal team?
> >
> > Both source and i386 binary packages can be found at:
> > http://packages.kirya.net/pool/main/a/altermime/
>
> According to the WNPP there is currently an ITP by David Moreno Garza
> <damog@debian.org>. Did you talk to him already? The ITP is over three
> months old though. Still nice to coordinate who's doing what.
>
> Further thoughts:
> - don't mention debian/README.Debian in debian/altermime.docs
>   It gets installed by dh_installdocs anyway.
> - still debian/altermime.docs:
>   the README doesn't carry much useful information. Consider dropping it.
> - the README.Debian doesn't help much IMHO. If people find
>   /usr/share/doc/altermime/README.Debian I believe they can also
>   find /usr/share/doc/altermime/README
> - the architecture is i386. Does it really not run on anything else?
> - you call debhelper scripts like dh_link but you don't set links.
>   Drop those calls.
But not too many of them :)

dh_link fixes existing links, so I usually keep this one
unconditionally.  I also keep the following, minimally:

  dh_installchangelogs	# Installs changelog.Debian
  dh_installdocs	# Installs copyright
  dh_link 		# Fixes existing things
  dh_strip		# Fixes existing things
  dh_compress		# Fixes existing things
  dh_fixperms		# Fixes existing things
  dh_installdeb		# Does necessary things
  dh_shlibdeps		# Does things that shouldn't ever hurt, and
                        # fills in the ${misc:shlibsdepends} variable
			# or whatever so I don't see noise from dpkg
  dh_gencontrol		# Does necessary things
  dh_md5sums		# Does best-practice things
  dh_builddeb		# The thing itself

--