Re: Versioning prereleases

* Roger Leigh [Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:13:09 +0000]:

> > * Roger Leigh [Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:58:03 +0000]:

> >> Are there any real examples of '~' in use yet?

> >   Not in the official archive.

> Anywhere else?

  If you mean you need an answer for:

> Is any of this wrong, or is lintian in error?

  You're version number is fine, lintian is only complaining because
  it is not fine for Debian.

> I'm uploading to experimental.  Once tested, I may upload to sid with
> an RC bug to prevent migration to sarge.  I obviously don't want
> untested beta code in sarge.

  Yes, but the archive scripts don't know this, so ~ is not allowed at
  all, not even for experimental. (AFAIK)

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the
dictionary.
                -- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)