Re: [RFS] altermime: utility used to alter mime-encoded mailpacks

On Thursday 29 December 2005 11:11, Julien Valroff wrote:
> I'm looking for a sponsor for altermime:
>  alterMIME is a small program which is used to alter your mime-encoded
>  mailpacks as typically received by Inflex, Xamime and AMaViS.
>  alterMIME can:
>     * Insert disclaimers
>     * Insert arbitary X-headers
>     * Modify existing headers
>     * Remove attachments based on filename or content-type
>     * Replace attachments based on filename
>
> Homepage: http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/
>
> The licence terms are quite clear, and it seems clear that the package
> is DFSG free. If you feel it can be a problem, can someone help to speak
> with the legal team?
>
> Both source and i386 binary packages can be found at:
> http://packages.kirya.net/pool/main/a/altermime/

According to the WNPP there is currently an ITP by David Moreno Garza
<damog@debian.org>. Did you talk to him already? The ITP is over three
months old though. Still nice to coordinate who's doing what.

Further thoughts:
- don't mention debian/README.Debian in debian/altermime.docs
  It gets installed by dh_installdocs anyway.
- still debian/altermime.docs:
  the README doesn't carry much useful information. Consider dropping it.
- the README.Debian doesn't help much IMHO. If people find
  /usr/share/doc/altermime/README.Debian I believe they can also
  find /usr/share/doc/altermime/README
- the architecture is i386. Does it really not run on anything else?
- you call debhelper scripts like dh_link but you don't set links.
  Drop those calls.
- the man page you ship mentions a LICENSE file which does not get
  installed

Kindly
 Christoph
--