Documentation of debconf on the Debian Policy? (was: Re: Package's configure script)

On Dec 25 2005, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Policy describes the config script in section 3.10.1.  A reference in
> the maintainer scripts section would probably be a good idea.

Ah, then that would explain it... The copy of the policy that I used as
reference is the one at http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ and it
doesn't have section 3.10.1.

It just stops at section 3.9.1 and then it goes to the 4th chapter...

But... Something strange is going on here... The site says that it has
version 3.6.2.2, from 2005-12-25, which is quite recent (two days
ago)...

At least the index doesn't seem to mention debconf anywere... I'm quite
confused, to be honest---and that was why I pointed Lionel to Joey
Hess's tutorial on debconf.

Thanks for any comments, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/