Re: Interest in packaging GNU Shishi and GNU Generic Security Service?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
>
>> I have created rough Debian packages for Shishi:
>
>> http://josefsson.org/shishi/debian/
>
>> and I am looking for a sponsor who would be willing to help me improve
>> them and eventually upload the packages into main.
>
>> I can put the debian/ files into CVS and give write access to sponsors,
>> if that would help accelerate the process.
>
>> IIRC, Russ earlier expressed interest in helping as a co-maintainer in a
>> collaborate effort to maintain Debian packages for Shishi.  Russ, are
>> you still interested?
>
> Sure, I'm still interested.
>
> I need to finish another release of the OpenAFS package, and then I'll
> take a look.

Great!

I'm having some (for any Debian Developer surely) trivial problems
with the dependencies: Shishi's configure finds gnutls13 on my local
machine, but Debian doesn't have gnutls13 yet.  So when I install the
packages on another machine, the binaries cannot find gnutls13 and
they won't work.  Can I build my package in a "mini-Debian
environment" that has the build-depends that I specified?  Then it
won't be "polluted" by the libraries installed on my local system.  I
could temporarily remove gnutls13 from my local system too, but it
doesn't feel like a good solution.

Thanks,
Simon