Re: new pkg: libcrypt-simple-per

> Just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing, Sandro, are
> you referring to this:
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/

Yes, I've used this one

> I bring this up on the list not to embarass you, but because

no problem at all: I'm here to learn

> occassionally there is some confusion on this issue.  I have been
> involved with several sponsorees who proposed binary-only packages.  In
> general, this concept no longer exists within Debian proper.  (I suppose
> there are exception cases, but I can't think of one at the moment.)
>
> In this case, the .pm is the source for Crypt::Simple, so you will most
> likely be creating an "Arch: all" package.  But as Brendan states, what
> needs to be uploaded into the archive are the .dsc, .diff.gz, and
> .orig.tar.gz files, not just the .deb.

I completly misunderstud this point: I've take as example
libxml-simple-perl, and since the generated package was similar to
that one, I think I've reached my goal.

Ok, no problem: I'll redo it again, this time use New Mantainers Guide
as reference.

I'll let you know when done (hope this time right). Will I have to
provide only source package or even the binary generated one?

Many thanks for halping me

--
Sandro Tosi (aka Morpheus, matrixhasu)
My (little) site: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/