Re: Proposal for collaborative maintenance of packages

Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> In other words, a distributed VCS allows all parties to manage their own
> repositories equally, and the project can nominate one of them the
> "official" central repository, without impacting everyone's ability to
> communicate changes between other repositories.

This may not be the most popular opinion, particularly among fans of
distributed VCSes (and I do understand the merits), but wrapping your mind
around the distributed model isn't easy.  I can explain to sysadmins who
have never used a VCS before but who have compiled software and can work
on Debian packages how to use Subversion, but explaining bzr feels rather
intimidating.