Re: pbuilder and scons

This one time, at band camp, Claudio Moratti said:
> Hi *!
> I'm working on a package that uses scons...
>
> everything goes fine but I find one problem: in order to clean the sources,
> debian/rules calls
> /usr/bin/scons -c
> but pbuilder don't try to install the Unmet build dependencies before the
> "clean"...
>
> I read, in Debian Policy Manual, that:
> "Build-Depends, Build-Conflicts
>     The Build-Depends and Build-Conflicts fields must be satisfied when any of
> the following targets is invoked: build, clean, binary, binary-arch,
> build-arch, build-indep and binary-indep."
>
> Is it a bug?

No, it's a misunderstanding of how pbuilder is meant to work.

instead, try
pbuilder build ../kleansweep_0.2.1-2.dsc

If that fails (and the dsc is there and sane and so forth) then there's
a bug.  pdebuild is documented to call the clean target before
chroot'ing, so just don't use that interface if you can't satisfy the
clean target requirements.

HTH,