Re: RFS: libparams-util-perl -- Perl extension for simple standalone param-checking functions

Jonas Genannt <jonas.genannt@capi2name.de> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Everything else looks good.  Drop me a line when the above has been
>> fixed and I'll be happy to sponsor the upload.

> Ok, I have updated the package.
> Can you please look at the copyright-file if it's now ok?

I guess I'm still missing where the copyright statement came from.  What
you have in debian/copyright is:

| This module is Copyright (C) 2005 by Adam Kennedy
|
| Email: <cpan@ali.as>
|
| All rights reserved Without Prejudice.
|
| This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
| it under the terms of either:
|
|     a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
|        Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or
|
|     b) the "Artistic License" which comes with Perl.

The module has a COPYRIGHT section in its documentation, though, which
contains:

|     Copyright 2005 Adam Kennedy. All rights reserved.
|
|     This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
|     under the same terms as Perl itself.

What you're saying is the same thing that he's saying, but it's not a copy
of his copyright statement (and in particular I don't understand the
"Without Prejudice" bit).

I would move his e-mail address up to the same line where you list the
upstream maintainer and then replace all of the bit quoted above with the
bit I quoted from the COPYRIGHT section of the module.  (You can omit the
bit referring people to the LICENSE file in the package, since you're
instead referring them to /usr/share/common-licenses, correctly.)

Everything else looks good to me.